Saturday, November 10, 2007

Windows into Elementary Art!






Art Show

The "Windows into Elementary Art" Show was a great experience. I was very pleased how well it turned out and by the number of families, friends and students who attended the show. It was too bad that my Quesnel (Kersley) students were unable to attend, but it was fun to see all of the other excited students!

It was so great to see the different displays that everyone did with their students, and how every piece was so unique! I think our Cohort did a fantastic job with teaching such diverse art lessons in our practicum. I want to try so many of them in my next practicum and with my own students (one day!). Thanks to everyone for doing such a great job! Well Done!


From the set up to clean up, working with everyone in the Art Show was great. As for my part, I first and for most helped with the set up and displaying my students work. Second of all, after a phone call from Linda (who was a great organizer) I brought in vases for the flowers. During the art show, I along with Adam and Meagan handed out the pamphlets at the far door, even though most people did not come through that particular door we managed to hand out a few. I offered a few times to take over Andrew's spot at the cake table, but I think he was enjoying the cake too much (we all know Andrew loves food!). Anyways, I think the success of the Art Show was due to everyone working cooperatively together and without the help of each and everyone it would not have been such a good experience.
Thanks!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Lara, what a good idea with the mosaics (is that what they're called?). The foil really stands out in the photos too! Did you have them draw a scene first or did they just create it as they went? I was hoping to do a mosaic lesson during my practicum to tie into mesopotamian art but time flew by too fast. I'll have to try another time, and include using the foil.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your photos Lara and your experiences.

Christine Girard said...

Hey Lara, your blog looks awesome! I see that you changed your colours, it looks great. Nice pictures from the art gallery, I too had a blast and I agree with how important it is to interact with the parents and community.

Willow Brown said...

Just checking out the comments...