Monday, November 5, 2007

Practicum






Teaching Art in my practicum was probably the most fun I had teaching in the 3 weeks. For Art I focused on Abstract Art. I showed a power point presentation on abstract art and had the students complete the same activity that we did at the Art Gallery (drawing to music). The kids had a blast!


I also continued with the abstract them when the students created their art work for the art show... see picture above of the trees.

In addition, the students wrote a biography about a pumpkin in language arts and I had them draw and colour a pumpkin portrait and 'decorate' their pumpkin that they 'brought to life.' They loved the pumpkin activity, Thanks Zakkiya!


I have attached some pictures from the practicum, Enjoy:)

6 comments:

Cathy Wickes said...

Hey Lara, nice pics looks like your really had fun with art on your practicum! did you do the bulletin board displays as well. I love the tree art - it's hard to tell from the picture alone but how was that done (it looks like more than just painting/drawing).

Lara said...

hey cathy

I used a variety of materails, but most of them (tissue paper, construction paper, a wrapper from a chocolate bar) I got from the recycling bin at my school. Then I got the students to rip up the paper/materails and glue it on the paper. They turned out get!

Alyson Schultz said...

I agree that teaching art was one of the best things... I don't remember liking art that much as a student in elementary school, but they all sure seemed to love it. And there wasn't the competition or anxiety that I seem to recall. It was nice and relaxing. We turned off the lights and played classical music... it was definately one of the best things. That and Halloween!

Brandon said...

Lara, I love the pumpkin art. I would like to try that in the future. It looks like you had a really good time in your practicum.

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins look great and the pumpkin biographies sound like an interesting lesson. Thanks for sharing and I bet the school really liked the idea that you used a lot of recycled materials since what I remember of the school from last year is their 'green school' and recycling initiatives.

Florence Maitland said...

Lara, I love your pumpkin biographies! So wonderful and adorable. *lol* :) Such a great idea. I might have to snatch it for one of my lessons in a future practicum. Thank you for being such a caring and sweet person Lara. You're so appreciated. Hugs!